Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Live for the future, long for the past

I’ve watched this movie twice in the past three days since discovering it. It was one of the only Wong Kar Wai films I hadn’t seen. Both times it has put me in an incredibly wistful mood. It’s a story of unrequited love, which tends to pull at my heart strings. Its hypnotic. It has a certain style. Its wonderfully acted. The cinematography is beautiful ( as expected with Wong Kar Wai). The soundtrack is gorgeous. It may even fall into my top 10 film list, but it takes time to to decide these things. Either way, its one of the most engrossing and engaging films I’ve seen in a while. I highly, highly recommend you watch this movie, especially if you are in a lovelorn mood. It will evoke feelings of lovers come and gone; remind you of things long buried deep within your subconscious. They say they don’t make films like they used to. But occasionally, that misconception is broken, and sometimes contemporary films surpass the classics. This is one such case. 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment