Thursday, August 19, 2010

Michael Angelo - Michael Angelo (1977)


The non-stop psyche bombardment, will it ever end? I guess at this point I should just dub this "psyche week" at Bigger Splashes. To be more accurate, "neo-psyche week" because that's what most of the stuff I've put up the past few days is. Hell, some may argue its not even technically true psychedelic, its more folk with light psychedelic influences, but whatever, man. Labeling is such a chore. Let's move past it and talk about Michael Angelo. Michael Angelo's 1977 self-titled LP is a pleasant blend of 60s pop, folk, and psychedelic, with finely written songs that are easy to get lost in. I can honestly say that this is the kind of music I'd want played at my wedding if ever I have one. It makes me nostalgic for simpler, more ignorant times. Summers spent in a camper naively reenacting the 70s the best we could with bad pot and cheap beer and The Alan Parson's Project (amongst other musical travesties which at the time seemed magical). I know it's a cliche, but ignorance really is bliss and as Jason Molina once advised, "Try and try and try....to be simple again." This is good music for that.

Rating: 8/10

Rating with a whiskey buzz on a yacht with your significant other under a moonlit sky: 10/10

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/?ma965reyx77913z

1 comment:

  1. Don't suppose you can re-upload this please? Love to have a listen, see whether I want to get it on vinyl. Much thanks!!

    ReplyDelete