Tuesday, July 6, 2010

East Village - Drop Out




This album is pure fucking bliss. Its fantastic. Its wondrous. Everyone I've ever played this for, has asked with enthusiasm,"Who IS this?" I have a lot of fond memories of listening to this album during my time spent in California. Driving around aimlessly with my girlfriend at the time, with the windows down, breeze coming through, sun shining down, her hand on my shoulder, cares nowhere to be found. Driving through the beautiful scenery of Orange County on a surfing trip with East Village as my soundtrack. Under the veil of the heavenly harmonies, there is a vague sadness, maybe even resentment that is the essence of beauty, "all that's pure, all that's sacred." It never fails to release an abundance of serotonin in my brain and make me feel really swell. I also have to mention the cover which is one of my favorite album covers ever. I don't know who that girl is but I want to marry her - such a gorgeous photograph.

Rating: 10/10

This is one of the greatest pop records ever produced. Do yourself a favor and get this: [Re-upped] http://www.mediafire.com/?9xgd2z066b7vnxx

7 comments:

  1. Hi! A nice blog you've got here. Somehow I've never seen it before... Unfortunately the East Village file is now unavailable. Could you please re-upload it if possible?

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Sure thing, I'll re-up it tonight

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Thank you for re-upping. But the record is not complete -- a few tracks are missing here. Is it all you've got or did you post it incomplete on purpose?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I realized that when I posted it. Should have made a comment about that. This was the only version I could find (the incomplete one). I'll do some searching and let you know if I find the missing tracks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, i join the feeble request for re-up: I just can't find this record anywhere, and I'm diyng inside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, i join the feeble request for re-up: I just can't find this record anywhere, and I'm diyng inside.

    ReplyDelete