Thursday, January 6, 2011

Rafael Brom - Dance for Padre Pio (1983)


I’m not really a pious man, however I hold no bias towards religious music if it can stand on its own two feet. The thing is, from my own personal (and limited) experience, it rarely does and most contemporary Christian music, in particular, is absolute garbage. However, this rare and fantastic album I present to you today is a shining exception to the general way of things. After hearing “Dance for Padre Pio” on youtube, I tried to search for some Rafael Brom online, but much to my dismay, it was no where in sight. Somewhat distraught, I forked over $10 for this compilation without hesitation and all in all, it was money well spent. The rest of the album doesn’t quite hold up to “Dance for Padre Pio,” (which is a glorious song and the compilation is worth getting for that track alone), but there are some solid tracks in here, such as “Vail” and (gotta love the title) “America – Beautiful Home”. Most of the songs themselves are simple enough, but the catchy refrains will have you humming along, potentially even proclaiming your love for Jesus and America. If you can get past the overt religious and patriotic overtones, you’ll find a collection of delightful and scintillating love songs and odes to the mundane joys of living.

Rating: 8/10

DOWNLOAD

No comments:

Post a Comment