Friday, December 9, 2011

Mike Mills - Beginners (2011)

This is the best movie I've seen all year. Consistently brilliant, charming, clever, funny, heartbreaking, genuine, and a million other glowing, over-used adjectives. The day after I first watched this, I asked a friend of mine to 'please come watch this movie with me.' But after I said that, I realized how it silly it was to be asking that. It would be similar to asking her to 'please eat this delicious ice cream sunday' or 'please let Brad Pitt go down on you for an hour' or 'please have all these free drugs,' so when she protested that she was 'busy' I just said, "look, its really good. Either come over and watch it or don't." It made her laugh, cry, and become gravely silent. We talked about it for an hour afterwards, and we both agree it's the best movie released in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment