Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Disco blisco

Do you ever read books at a certain juncture in your life that bear such a relation to your own current situation that it must be some form of cosmic irony that they happened to fall into your lap at the time they did? I have this happen to me every so often. I recently devoured two wonderful books in fateful succession that sort of persuaded me to look into dancing as outlet for despair: Hermann Hesse's Steppenwolf and Haruki Murakami's Dance Dance Dance, the latter referring to dancing in more figurative terms, but still. Its like some greater force was trying to communicate to me that I need to learn how to dance and dance often. Dancing is like a huge, symbolic, eloquently lifted middle finger to the existential crisis. So if anyone would like to teach me how to dance, or learn to dance together, my body is willing. Let me know!

Anywho, this is a cheeseball dance mix I made back when I was living in Denton and into italo. I was contemplating making a real mix out of this in Audacity, but felt it was smooth enough as it is. This compilation is mostly comprised of italo (the gouda of 80's euro cheese), with some dark wave and other various dance sub-genres included. Its music for strobe lights and wearing your fanciest shoes.

01) Fun Fun - Happy Station
02) Mr. Flagio - Take a Chance
03) Bad Boys Blue - I Wanna Hear your Heartbeat
04) Ruth - Polaroid Roman Photo
05) Yello - I Love You
06) Neon - My Blues is You
07) Kirlian Camera - Blue Room (Extended Version)
08) Nash the Slash - Danse
09) Rheingold - Fantasie
10) Iron Curtain - Telephone
11) Trans-X - Living on Video
12) Moev - Cracked Mirror
13) Ken Laszlo - Don't Cry
14) Georgge Kranz - Din Daa Daa
15) Industry - State of the Nation
16) Rational Youth - I Want to See the Light

DOWNLOAD: http://www.sendspace.com/file/kvrnm7

1 comment: